Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Everything then, everything now, everything eventually

Years ago, things were a lot different.

All of it seemed to have happened centuries ago.

I used to be friends with certain people, close friends. Maybe even absolute confidants. Now, I no longer exist in their world, at least that's how I feel. A while ago you were running around somewhere far and beyond your wildest imagination with them and then nothing.

In the start of freshmen year I said to myself, "I'll do whatever it takes for everyone to like me, to accept me."
I did at first. I did and said everything the crowd wanted me to do and say. Finally, I realized it wasn't worth it. How could I expect everyone to like me and accept me when I myself can't do the same? Better question is, was I happy with being someone I was not?

Many will not like you or accept you, not everyone can be pleased and that is a sad fact. You may have thousands of friends but the real ones are those who must be cherished and kept safe. It's imperative, they are incredibly rare (on the verge of extinction maybe).

I decided to follow my family's dreams instead of mine. I kept saying this is a way for me to make them proud, they won't lead to me to an unsuccessful life, they know better.
LIES. I WAS TOO SCARED TO FOLLOW MY OWN DREAMS. I was afraid of defeat, failure, disappointment, FEAR ITSELF.Well, look where I am: unhappy, confused and stressed. Way to go.

Love was (and still is) like uncharted waters. Whenever I decide to explore, it is expected that I will get lost. It takes a while for me to find my way back. When I do, my first words would be, "I've learned my lesson."
There are more lessons to be learned. Set sail and let the adventure begin.

I knew who I was, who I wanted to be and how I'm gonna make that happen; and then I didn't; for a moment, I thought I knew once more but I realized I didn't again. Such a dilemma with an expiration date soon to come. How will God put the puzzles together?

Years ago, I didn't know what I know now.

It's funny how everything turned out.

How about everything else? I don't know. Let's watch and find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment