Saturday, August 4, 2012

Broken Record

where are you my beloved?
did you sleep well?
have you eaten?
where are you my beloved?

I have to say
I might be going mad
You know why
I'm worried sick

I'm afraid
I'm afraid I might find you
In a way where I hope to God I don't
Please don't end up there

You are alone in your journey
to a place I know not
Facing danger without me
I'm sorry, my beloved friend

At night, I cannot sleep
When it is day time, I cannot eat
Like I said,
I'm worried sick

I can no longer concentrate
on what I'm doing and what I have to do
because maybe when I look up or turn around
I'll see the ghost of you

I'm terrified because maybe
and I pray it would stay "maybe"
I'll finally see you again
but not the same person I knew back then

I saw a broken record
by the side of the street
All I can say to myself is
"Please don't let it be like him."

No comments:

Post a Comment