Years pass by. Plants wither. The sun rises and eventually sets.
People grow taller, hopefully smarter and of course, old.
Everything changes; that’s a fact. It is the inevitable.
As each day come to an end, we will go through different experiences which may either help us turn into the best kind of human being we could possibly be, or be the worst one anyone has ever seen. Basically, we will have to face change whether we like it or not. We can never escape that fact.
I've accepted it.
When I look at the mirror and assess myself, I don't see the person who I was a year ago. I'm not who I used to be. I've grown; at least that's what I think.
Some of the things that I found amusing a while back no longer have any appeal to me. A lot of stuff which used to be so wonderful became completely boring to my eyes. It happens. People lose interest and after that look for something new and fresh to focus on. Is that a bad thing? I don't think so. It is just the way it is.
I've changed; not into a horrible person, just not the human being everyone once knew.
There are a number of negative things I have to work on and I can't do it overnight. It takes time. I'm not perfect, like everyone else. I am bound by flaws and insecurities; however that should not define me. I can swallow opinions and constructive criticisms but the mistakes I make are not the only element found in me. I am capable of doing the right thing, a good thing, and I hope people see that other side of the card.
I'm not a bad person. I don't think I am. I am living the life given to me, accepting changes as they come; sometimes reluctantly, sometimes with open arms.
I hope that’s okay with you. J
No comments:
Post a Comment