| My mom and I |
How can I forget her screaming my name?
Early in the morning, her sermons are the not-so-highlight of my day;
so I would just walk out and be on my way.
I swore to never listen to what she had to say.
In my mind you'll hear, "You don't know me for God's sake!"
Those were my puberty days,
and that is not how I think of my mother today.
She is now a thousand miles away.
I only see her maybe twice or thrice a year.
Dear Mom, it is your voice that I long to hear.
I miss the aroma of her cooking,
and the times when she wouldn't let me leave until I eat something.
I miss her wrapping a blanket over me and kissing me goodnight.
I'll instantly fall asleep while hugging my pillow tight.
I never show her how much I love her.
Not enough.
I never am the daughter she deserved.
Definitely not.
Somehow I wanted to show how much I appreciate her.
Everything she has done, I've witnessed and heard.
So with this little poem, I would like her to know,
Dear mom, this is from your little girl.
Happy Mother's Day to every woman who makes her choices with her children and family in mind first before herself; to every woman who gave up countless opportunities and experiences for her boys and/or girls.
Each of you deserve the greatest amount of love the world can offer. I hope all of you will be blessed today and forever. <3
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete