Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Laro ng Pagpilli (The Choice)


     I tend to get myself involved into the most random things. This is one of them.



        I was planning some bonding time with one my best friends, Carla, when all of the sudden she invited me to be part of this short film she was doing together with her friends in her school (We went to different colleges after graduating high school). I didn't see any reason to not say yes so I went for it. :)


(Christine Florendo - Co-Director, Writer, Editor)


(Bea Domingo - Co-Director, Editor, Original Score)


(Carla Tinio - Main Character) *me photobombing =))

           Christine & Bea discovered this film festival Youtube was doing and they decided to take part in it despite the fact that those who will participate in the competition will most probably be total professionals in the field. The possibility did not stop them. Their courage and thirst for experience was inspiration. Seriously.

           One of the highlights of this experience for me was when they asked me to make the original score with them due to the insistence of Carla. I've written a few songs over the years and it was enough for them to entrust to me their beloved score. I think I seemed a bit confident, however, in the inside my stomach had butterflies. I've done songs for projects and for fun but never for something that big. All my songs by the way were English... They asked me to make one in TAGALOG. (X_X)

            It ended up well though! Thanks to Bea's help. She was amazing. I didn't have to coach to do second voices and whatever. We were totally "n'synced" :))

            What was really awesome about this experience was meeting new people namely, Bea & Christine. They were very welcoming even though I was a stranger to them. They were a lot of fun especially during the supernatural occurrences in Bea's home. (Bea's house was gorgeous!!! Some modernization were done but most of the original work done in the 70's were still there. I regret not taking any pictures of it :/)

            The film festival will choose, I believe, 20 finalists and the finalists will go to Venice and join the film festival with all expenses paid. I'm not expecting anything. Getting a spot in the finals would be awesome though.


(The whole team :D)


*knock knock Lord!!* HAHA

No comments:

Post a Comment